Almost time to go

23.7.08

Lets Start where it started
4 months ago i was chatting with my cousin on msn and as i was asking her about her plan of akshara[1], she suddenly just asked, "why dont i go too". i thought it for about 1 minute and i thought, "hell! why not?". So as soon as i decided to do so by the next day i was already at the sojnut[2] asking what do i need to do:

  • Fill out a bunch of papers for the visa
  • Fill out a bunch of papers for the sojunt
  • Fill out a bunch of papers for the scholarship
  • Go to the doctor for a phisical evaluation and some vaccines.
  • And go to a therapist for an evaluation (i did the list just to make a funny on this point)
Well, the therapist's evaluation went as i expected... *cough*lies*cough*. She thought i was crazy and that i should be in a crazy people place... and since that was the plan from the beggining I said, "COOL!" (if you didn't get the joke, you could be smarter). Anyway, she talked with my former therapist and asked her to review a couple of things with me. We did! and it was unsurprisingly dull. We basically went over what my worries are and how would i resolve them (again). REALLY?!?! yes, i just talked out loud what i already knew i would do if any of those things where to happen.
Well... finishing with this chapter, i finished with all the requirements but accidentally missed one last physiological evaluation (i forgot, and i don't care if you believe me or not). So that's my last worry (since I'm not completely sure if it was needed or not).

Now moving to the present
So today im 4 nights away from leaving for more or less a year (though that's the plan it could also extend up to MAX. two years... i doubt it). And this is the longest, farthest and most independent trip away from home I've ever planned. So i have mixed feelings about it, I'm not sure if im excited, worried, scared, impatient, happy, angry or all of the above.
Im still packing, to finish, im just waiting for a call from the travel agency to ask if i can take 2 bags and what would be the cost for extra weight or extra bag.
I still need to buy some things and get some other stuff together. which I'll write down right here for everyone's enjoyment (Though everyone at this moment is pretty much myself).
  • Buy deodorant
  • Buy Allergy/Asthma Medicine
  • Get my international student card
  • Buy some drops for my eyes
  • Get sun glasses
  • Get electric converter (probably will buy it at the airport)
  • Find a small lock i bought (or but it again)
  • something something something
  • Not Going crazy
  • putting myself together (i feel like im a small mess at the moment)
Well, if everything goes OK ill be writing another journal entry in maybe 10 days or so. with probably some or allot of pictures and what not... depends on whether or not someone steals my cheap camera, my cheap laptop or im physically capable of doing so. The laptop is old and is worth at most 250-300 dollars and the camera is new but worth less than 200 (though it's a pretty good camera: powershot a720 is). Im not so worried about their worth, but im very worried about their value, since im "addicted" to anime/tv, like to play some simple games, pretty much need skype, read/write my e-mails, search for places or do any other type of info search; the crappy computer im taking has a value of millions to me. And the camera, i pretty much would like to have some solid record about my trip. plus i want to be able to share the pictures on my blog :). By physically capable i mean that maybe my plane might crash. or the bus, or i might be under agonizing pain from Forced labor, or partying. (to many or's :P)

WELL! at last and more than likely least
Adios. Write you lateR!

p.s. i feel im sending a card in a bottle to the ocean hoping that someone will read this but pretty much knowing that probably nobody will.

[1]Akshara: Is a custom often practiced by my religion where as a young man or woman you leave to a far away country to identify yourself, relate to our people and be independent. (i don't know the actual meaning)
[2]Sojnut: Just the name of the institution organizing this "religious" expirience (it has an actual meaning which i dont know either)

0 comments: